An effective Time and Attendance system can revolutionise the way organisations manage their diverse work rules, providing a flexible solution that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each organisation. This flexibility enables companies to align their workforce schedules with their desired operational requirements, ensuring a system that caters to their unique preferences. By prioritising system flexibility, organisation can efficiently manage their workforce while promoting employee satisfaction and retention.
With varying overtime rules, shift patterns, breaks, holidays and absences come complex sets of rules that need to be managed appropriately and fairly. Doing this manually is time consuming, challenging to coordinate, especially across multiple sites, and is often subject to human error.
The power in our T&A solution i.e Synergy Time and Attendance is in its ability to manage a wide variety of work rules that can be defined for each day type, such as regular working days, weekends, public holidays, and various types of leave. It can then perform time and attendance calculations according to an organisation’s rules as defined in the work rules engine.
The work rules engine in our T&A solution can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each individual business, managing even the most complex set of time management policies and procedures to ensure employees work hours are accurately tracked and then reported to other departments, such as HR and payroll, where there can be assured of the data accuracy for subsequent reports and payroll processing.
Any exceptions are clearly listed and highlighted, making is simple for administrators and managers to quickly solve issues.
This highly customisable, scalable and easy to use systems can help increase productivity and reduce human resource management administration costs by clearly highlighting and exceptions and greatly reducing the need for manual input, which benefits businesses from small factories and warehouses employing just a few people, to large scale manufacturing, food production, hospitality & retail Industries.
How does Synergy Time and Attendance work?
Synergy Workforce Time & Attendance can provide predefined templates that can then be customised as needed. For example, “Allocate Transactions to Previous/Next Day” considers the first swipe of a day and compares it to subsequent swipes. If a swipe falls within a specified range of time after the first swipe, it will be allocated to the previous day. If there are no swipes on the previous day, the swipe will be allocated to the current day. This feature is useful if you have employees with different entry and exit times.
“Night Shift End Time” allocates a swipe to the previous day if its time is before the specified Night Shift End Time and is useful if your employees work night shifts that cross over into the next day.
It is Synergy Time and Attendance flexible work rules engine customisation that enable it to meet the unique demands of each business and adapt as the needs of the business change.
How does Synergy Time and attendance benefit businesses?
As a customisable T&A solution that allows for the creation of custom work rules to reflect the specific needs of each business, Synergy Time and Attendance delivers many benefits to the business:
- Accurate records and greater oversite improve workforce efficiency and saves cost, ensuring a quick return on investment.
- Provides greater visibility into employee attendance trends across multiple locations, or out in the field, so patterns and trends can be identified and adjustments made to scheduling as needed to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Simplifying payroll processing and reducing errors by automating time recordings to payroll with minimal manual intervention.
- The system’s accuracy can help with compliance with labour laws and regulations, minimising the risk of potential fines and penalties.
- Easy to use and accurate timekeeping improves employee satisfaction and morale.
- Improved productivity: Work rules can help to improve productivity by ensuring that employees are working efficiently and effectively. When employees know what is expected of them, they are more likely to focus on their work and avoid distractions.
- Reduced costs: Work rules can help to reduce costs by preventing employee theft and fraud. They can also help to reduce the number of accidents and injuries by ensuring that employees are following safe work practices.
- Positive work environment: Work rules can help to create a more positive work environment by promoting fairness and respect. When employees know that they are treated fairly, they are more likely to be happy and productive.
- Clarity: Work rules can provide employees with clarity about their responsibilities and expectations. This can help to reduce stress and anxiety and make it easier for employees to do their jobs.
- Fairness: Work rules can help to ensure that employees are treated fairly. This can help to build trust and loyalty between employees and their employer.
- Protection: Work rules can help to protect employees from harassment, discrimination, and other forms of workplace misconduct.
Why do businesses choose Synergy Time and Attendance?
Our decades of experience across multiple industry verticals and end to end support from seamless implementation to ongoing technical support, always tailored to each business needs, means everyone gets the services they need.
Our team of field engineers, dedicated support technicians and in-house developers are highly skilled in providing technical support and we pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations by developing customised work rules that fit their business needs.
As reflected in the complete customisation of work rules, our commitment to your business needs and high expectations ensures that your unique solution will continue to add value into the future.
Why are you manually processing hours worked?
Manual tracking systems are time consuming, labour intensive and prone to error which can lead to mistrust in the system, unhappy employees, increased costs and reduced productivity. With Synergy’s Time and Attendance system and the flexible work rules it offers to provide customisation and adaptability, all these issues are addressed.
Improving workforce management can transform the productivity and efficiency of your business and enable your focus to be redirected to other areas of the business where value can be increased.
Are you ready to find out what Synel can offer your organisation?
However, if you believe your company would benefit from setting up your own, unique work rules, with more efficient management of workforce time and attendance, then you need to talk to our team of inhouse experts at Synel.
We work with many clients, offering a consultation service to help them better manage their own workforce hours, by converting time classifications into payable time accurately.
Our expert team also trains payroll staff and other departments to use the system effectively, and to understand how exceptions are highlighted in our systems for improved reconciliation.
Contact our team today to schedule a one-to-one consultation with one of our workforce management experts and learn how we could help you to make your time and attendance management system more flexible.